Minivan Segment is Strong for the 2018 Model Year
SUVs are “so last year,” and this year minivans are “in!” The minivan craze started with the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, and now other automakers are revamping their minivans to try to compete. This means minivans, which are actually really practical vehicles, are becoming more technologically advanced, better looking, and more fuel efficient than ever before.
If you are searching for a used minivan the Toyota Sienna is an awesome option. We have a affordable 2011 Sienna option for you at Driver’s Auto Mart right now. The mileage on the van is still relatively low and it also comes with a 3.5-liter V6 DOHC engine with VVT technology. The engine can produce up to an impressive 266 horsepower and 245 lb-ft of torque.
Other features of the available Sienna include exterior features such as 17-inch alloy wheels, a roof spoiler, and all-season tires. Inside the van you will find premium and comfortable cloth upholstery, three rows of seating, a split folding bench third row, eight seats, and more. When it comes to minivans, generally the most important features to consumers is safety. Don’t worry, you will always be safe in this Sienna. The van had an impressive four-star safety rating for that model year due to features like a rear camera with distance parking sensors, ABS, electronic stability control and more.
While Toyota has made excellent minivans until now, Toyota is also upping their game to keep up with the future. For the 2018 model year, Toyota redesigned the Toyota Sienna and it has more standard technology. Sporting a new look, the redesigned Sienna will be more athletically styled and it will debut at the New York Auto Show in April.
What we know about the 2018 van so far:
- Larger fog lights and side lower rockers on every trim, even the base trim.
- Three new color options including Toasted Walnut Pearl, Parisian Night Pearl, and Alumina Jade Metallic.
- New Toyota Entune infotainment system with moving maps for all trim levels. The LE, SE, and XLE trims all come with Entune Audio Plus which has a premium audio system, 4G LTE WiFi, and additional safety features.
- Five USB ports throughout the cabin and in all-three rows for phone charging needs.
- A standard pre-collision system, pedestrian detection, full-speed adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams and lane departure assistance come with every trim.
Keep up with us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more information after it is released at the Auto Show next month. Until then check out our large inventory of vehicles at Driver’s Auto Mart here, including many minivan options for your family.
Photo source: Autoblog