Sedan Comparison: Chevy Cruze v. Ford Fusion
The 2016 Chevy Cruze and Ford Fusion are family sedans known for their affordability, dependability and efficiency. While the Cruze and Fusion are different when it comes to engine, power, fuel economy, and style, they both have many similarities as well. If you are shopping for a new sedan, chances are the Chevy Cruze or Ford Fusion will meet your needs.
Engine, Power, Fuel Economy
The 2016 Chevy Cruze and Ford Fusion come standard with 4-cylinder engines. The Cruze is equipped with a turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine that produces up to 153 horsepower, and the Fusion is equipped with a 175-horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. The Cruze is only available with one engine option, but if you are looking for more, the Fusion offers two other options, a 181-horsepower turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder and a 231-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
Fuel economy is important and the Cruze and Fusion have great fuel economies.
- Chevrolet Cruze with a 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine: 26/37/30 MPG city/ highway/ combined
- Ford Fusion with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine: 22/34/26 MPG city/highway/ combined
- Ford Fusion with a turbocharged 1.5L 4-cylinder engine: 25/37/29 MPG city/ highway/ combined
- Ford Fusion with a turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder engine: 22/33/26 city/ highway/ combined
Style, Tech and Safety
Both of these vehicles have different standard features when it comes to safety, technology and style. Check out the highlights of each model:
- Exterior: daytime running lights, dusk sensing headlights, 16-inch alloy wheels, and all-season tires.
- Interior: cloth seats (a leather option available), tilt and telescopic steering wheel, steering wheel mounted audio controls.
- Entertainment technology: three months provided of SiriusXM satellite radio, a six-speaker audio system, USB and Aux connection, and AM/FM radio.
- Safety: post-collision safety system, stability control, an anti-theft alarm, backup camera, traction control and child safety locks.
- Exterior: 16-inch alloy wheels, chrome grille, capless fuel filler, LED tail lamps, automatic halogen headlights, and a single exhaust with a bright chrome tip.
- Interior: cloth seats, urethane shift knob, gloss-black armrest panel and dashboard.
- Entertainment: CD sound system with AUX access, SYNC bluetooth with audio streaming, and lots of upgraded options including a navigation system.
- Safety: backup camera, traction control, stability control, 911 assist and rear child locks.
Want to test drive a used Chevy Cruze or a used Ford Fusion? You can test drive both of them at Driver’s Auto Mart. In addition to the Cruze and Fusion, Driver’s Auto Mart has plenty of other used and affordable sedans available.