Two Must-Read Articles for Drivers
The roads in South Florida can feel a little “crazy” sometimes. It’s almost impossible to go a day without seeing an accident or a broken down car on the side of the road. Rush hour traffic is inevitable and smartphones aren’t helping any problems either. So if you’re looking for a little bit of wisdom to handle the roads, check out these two articles below.
We found about how to handle a hit-and-run and we just had to share it. A hit and run accident is something no one ever wants to experience. Unfortunately, it happens. In the case of a hit and run, would you know what to do? If not, pay attention, because this is important information for any driver to know!
- Always write down the license plate number, or in this day and age snap a picture (even better!). That way, it is easier for the authorities to locate the runaway driver.
- Make all the important phone calls right away and DO NOT leave the scene. That means call the police, and then call your insurance company.
- No matter what the other driver decides to do, do not chase them or try to follow them. Stay where you are, and wait for the police, you don’t know what others are capable of!
Did you know driving the speed limit in the left lane is actually illegal in Florida? Yep, driving slowly in the left lane actually causes a lot of problems on the road. Vox explains why in this article and video.
- Generally, the left lane should only be used as a passing lane!
- Driving the speed limit or under the speed limit in the left lane actually increases the risk of car accidents.
- Drivers that ignore the left lane only passing law are much more likely to cause traffic.
We hope you found these articles, and points of information useful! Be safe out there.